Changes have been made to our cancellation policies to benefit our guests
families and individual travellers
Guests benefit from our new cancellation policy when booking a hostelling international hostel in Bavaria: for all new bookings* with a departure date till 31.12.2021 cancellation is free of charge till 7 days prior to arrival.
*not valid for packaged tours/deals
If a family member has fallen ill to COVID-19 (positive COVID-19 test result) cancelling is free of charge till 18:00 on the day before planed arrival.
Packaged tours/deals are all individually regulated per youth hostel. Please visit our Homepage to view specific terms and conditions of the selected packaged tour in question.
For packaged tours/deals starting from January 2022 please see the current terms and conditions.
Our guests receive the right to cancel free of charge up to 14 days prior to arrival for school and group bookings. This is applicable for all bookings with a departure date till 31.12.2021.
Our guests can assert their right to cancel free of charge till 18:00 on the day prior to arrival in the following cases:
- If the booked trip must be cancelled due to government authority prohibiting trips due to official COVID-19 regulations and part of or all participants are not able to travel because of this.
- If at time of arrival one or more participants are infected with COVID-19 (positive COVID-19 test result) or must quarantine due to public health authority regulations- cancellation free of charge is applicable to all participants affected by these regulations.
- If the booked transport service to arrive at the youth hostel (in particular the verifiable travel by train or bus) is not or only limited available due to official COVID-19 regulations – cancellation free of charge is possible given the circumstances.
- In comparable cases where travel to the youth hostel is in part or completely impossible or considerably difficult - cancellation free of charge is possible given the circumstances.
- If the departure of some or all group participants from their hometown is prohibited due to official COVID-19 regulations or local lockdowns- cancellation free of charge is applicable to all participants affected by these regulations.
If prepayments have been made and cancellation is free of charge regarding the current cancellation policies: reimbursement will be issued within 14 days after cancellation.
Terms and conditions for family bookings and singular bookings
Terms and conditions for group bookings