The Sudelfeld region - feel like Heidi on the "Alm"
The "Berghaus Sudelfeld" Youth Hostel is located at the heart of the Sudelfeld ski and hiking region, at an altitude of 1,200 metres. The Hostel grounds cover several hectares of juicy herb meadows where the cows look out over the fence in summer. The ski resort (21 ski lifts, 3 of which chair lifts) is within easy reach on foot. Hikes start just in front of the Hostel door. The Hostel's location on the south face of the mountain with a unique view of the Inntal and Kaisergebirge make this one of the most popular Youth Hostels. Nature at its best - just as Heidi used to love it!
Leisure activities at the Youth Hostel
- 3 ping-pong tables (2 outdoor, 1 indoor)
- Volleyball field
- Asphalt pitch for football or handball
- Sunny veranda and playing field
- Board games on loan
- 50 kms of cross-country skiing tracks in Bayrischzell, downhill ski resorts (25 lifts and chair lifts) at "Skiparadies Sudelfeld" and on Wendelstein.
- Following sports equipment is on loan or for rent at the Hostel: snow shoes, sledges, Big Foot ski boards, hiking sticks, table tennis bats, badminton shuttles, football and volleyball. Any other sports equipment or games you would like to use please bring along.
- Day and half-day hikes start just in front of the Hostel door.
Leisure activities in the area
- Several summits over 1,800 m, Rotwand area,
- Geological educational forest nature trail
- Waterski centre at Hödenauer See
- Rack-and-pinion railway and cable car to Wendelstein
- Lake outings - Spitzingsee, Tegernsee, Chiemsee - or trips to Berchtesgarden, Kufstein, Salzburg or Munich
- Alpamare water park at Bad Tölz (tickets at reduced prices available for our guests at the Youth Hostel)
Outings and excursions
Adventure tours in the mountain forest.
We particularly recommend tours of the forest with forest warden Katharina "Försterliesl" Brändlein. She guides groups (school classes, family groups etc.) through the forest and lets them in on the secrets of nature. In the forest, there is always much more to discover than just trees at any time of the year: the forest xylophone, bats, moths, mushrooms....
At the end of a torch-lit night hike, for instance, you will find yourself sitting around a burning log, exchanging stories and listening carefully to the mysterious sounds of the night.
Tours can be individually adapted to a group's requirements. Of course, a field day is not a field day without a picnic in the great outdoors.